Sunday, January 16, 2005

Upcoming...

First let me say that dinner with the family was excellent. Everyone was fun, makes me remember that my family is pretty great. We're all quite different and it really makes things interesting.

I have been busy with work and going to see some cats. But work on Friday was insanely fun. I was laughing all day. There's a new "lady" and she's really diffused some of the weird work vibes. Its like she is a neutral and calming presence (except she's loud, in a happy not bitter way). I'm excited that work may be less bitterness and more chuckling! There's also a new temp that I may try to make friends with. She was telling me how she knows no one and really doesn't do anything on the weekends. It may be perfect...

So thats an up and coming friendship I hope.

And then the cats that I met...First, I need to mention that these cats are super scared of people and seriously skittish. But I've decided to just go for it. I think once they get here and realize I'm harmless (and a sucker) they'll warm up. Anyway, I called the foster lady today to tell her I'm going to get them. So she's scheduling a declaw/spaying for two fridays from now, the 27th? Then I pick them up from there....so just in case you were wondering, here's a pic of one of them. The other looks very similar, another calico, but with different facial/back markings. I'm excited, but in a way its a little nerve-wracking. I'll let you know how that all goes.

One of my good friends is moving far, far away to Vermont. I know what you're thinking, who moves to Vermont? I don't know...my friend? But she also moves to Canada every summer, so we're used to the distance. Still though, as we get older, I can't help but hope that she'll be around more often...selfish, i know! But her leaving is quite soon...so i'm sure i'll bid her farewell in another blog.

Off to do something...maybe eat dinner? Hope you're happy, safe and warm (but not as warm as me...i have two windows open and its still 85 degrees in here).


2 comments:

  1. god, i wish it was warm in here! it's absolutely frigid in this old house. and hoping am gonna be around more too, am thinking of postponing the canada thing till july at least. - your east coast bound friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new kitties.

    ReplyDelete