Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The offenses of January 19...

Here is a list of reasons why today was offensive:

  1. My day started with me waking up with a gaping mouth and a completely dry tongue. Totally uncomfortable. I never sleep with my mouth open. It was unnatural. Should have been a sign. I should have stayed in bed.
  2. As I was having my morning tinkle (ok, how else can you put this without sounded vulgar? You either sound vulgar or five years old. I choose five) I saw my nemesis: the "silverfish" bug. Now that I'm looking at more pictures maybe that's not my bug. And now that i'm looking at pictures i feel really icky. Anyway, this bug shimmies around my bathroom floor. It CRUNCHES loudly when i kill it, it has a serious exoskeleton. But it is not a cockroach. Don't get scared.
  3. I get on the "L" and we sat at Fullerton station for 10 minutes. Maybe 15. So I was late to work, but it was also horrible because we were waiting for this reason: "Boop, boop, boop, we are experiencing a delay due to a medical emergency. we regret the inconvenience and expect to be moving shortly." How scary. Someone on my train needed paramedics! Don't worry all you rubber-neckers, not in my car, so I have no idea what the emergency was.
  4. Work was fine. Although for about 2 hours this morning I pretended to be busy, which is awful, time crawls when you have nothing to do.
  5. At lunch I was kind of offended by some discussion of Sex and the City. There were some very negative comments on Miranda (who i fell like I am most like) but then they went and were rude to the actress that plays Miranda because she was a "dyke." It was very derogatory. I did not enjoy it and left the table.
  6. I spoke with my cat foster mom, and I am not getting my cats until February 12. That's almost a month. Boooo. Boooooooo.

So that's my day. It was not the best day. Leaving for work tomorrow is going to be twice as hard. So close to the weekend. So close.


3 comments:

  1. Why, for the love of god, why? Is your cat foster mom going to keep those cats? Because that's just freaking terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've got a friend who wants to get rid of one of his cats because they're having another kid.. and this other girl I know, also in considering getting rid of one of hers.

    You can check their blogs and contact them if you want more cats. It's "Kebin" and "Jen".

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    If your train delay was Wednesday morning, just before 9, it was a woman having a seizure on the Red Line. She was on my train in the car in front of me. We were stuck at Clark and Division for close to 20 minutes. It wasn't fun.

    ReplyDelete