Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I am very happy because...

  1. I saw a policeman cruising down the sidewalk on a people mover. It was highly enjoyable, I think i smirked because he gave me a big grin.
  2. I now have a beautiful shiny new deadbolt on my door to keep out all the robbers, burglars (did i ever mention that my favorite word to say/think is burgle) and rapists. Yay deadbolt!
  3. A man with possibly the most beautiful dreads in the world was on my L. They were perfect. Down to about the middle of his back, tapering and just perfect. I was staring (ok, imagine a snowman, you know with globes that get progressively smaller...this is what each individual dread looked like up close, but in such a small scale) and he noticed, and we shared a little smile.
  4. I got invited to one of my closest friends birthday parties. Martini bar + dancing (i think, it says a club, which means dancing) can only be great times!
  5. I have an appointment to meet some cats this weekend and I am highly optimistic.
  6. I saw a golden retriever with boots on. Yes, he was going for a run with his "master" wearing a matching set of 4 snow boots/running shoes. It was odd and amusing.
  7. Illinois is banning discrimination based on your sexual orientation. Hell yes Illinois! This is why I love you and Chicago. And just so you know you crazy opponents of this bill, hopefully, hopefully! gay marriage will be next.
  8. Dinner with the cousins/dad/sister should be great tomorrow. Even if they all suck, I get to eat Pizza D.O.C. Plus, my date (since i'm the only single one) is a very beautiful man. And while he is not my friend (he's the sisters friend) nor a possibility (he is not straight) he still will be fun to look at and converse with.
  9. Not sure what number 9 should be. Any suggestions?

I hope you're happy today too!

2 comments:

  1. unfortunately the club is not a dance club, although that is an excellent idea - in fact, we should find out if there is one in that area....
    went to borders the other day, and your very cute but not straight date for dinner this evening helped me. have to say though, that i wanted to say why i probably looked familiar to him, but couldn't bring up the courage to do it, plus, i don't think i could remember his name, i just know that he's your sister's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy...i have seen the falling ice. I work on the 27th floor, and all day last..Wednesday I think, it was a scary ice storm. I saw and heard it falling all day out our windows. I also dodged it on the way out the building. I think there's no strategy...you just have to not look up and move quickly.

    ReplyDelete