Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The daydreamer and the realist collide...

For those of you who don't know me well (or at all since this is a public forum) I must warn you against this post. I have a feeling that it will tend toward rambling vaguery (i made this word up).

Today was the kind of day where my daydreams kind of fizzled into reality and ended. I like a good daydream. I have many recurring ones and do spend a lot of time daydreaming. You'd think as a person with a 9-5 I'd be stuck thinking about numbers and insurance mundanery (i made this word up too, and ps, spell check just tried to make it mountaineering! ha, like i'd mountaineer), but its not true. I have the commute, the walks, the random blank mind times, a lot of time as I attempt to fall asleep etc. Anyway, today was the kind of day where the real world slips in and shoots down the daydreams and makes you feel silly for having them. I won't go into any kind of detail, it isn't upsetting so much as annoying.

But then at the same time that i daydream all day, I am really a pretty heavy realist. I don't believe in soul mates or "true love." Although, I do believe in love (come on, can you not believe in it? if anyone out there doesn't they must be severely jaded). I guess I just think that there are probably hundreds of men out there that I could love, its just who i meet (if i ever do). And I don't believe in religion; so many people out there who would be shocked that it is something to "believe." I believe its a choice. And I choose to not believe. I don't believe in beating around the bush. Say what you have to say.

Which is why I think that every now and again I realize that daydreams are silly.

But don't worry, tomorrow I'll be on the train thinking about my lovely condo (maybe brownstone) that me and my boyfriend _______(fill with Justin Timberlake, Hal Sparks, cute work guy etc) live in with our cats/dogs.

And just so you know, it wasn't a bad day. A good one in fact. Just a real one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you don't really believe in religion, this may be a first I've ever seen out of a girl, and I find it to be so fascinating as I have the same...non-belief, and to think we never dated

    ReplyDelete