Wednesday, December 22, 2004

One more before Christmas...

There was tons of Christmas cheer at the office today that I was almost sad to be taking a half day. I got more presents than I expected, since I expected zero and received from three different people. One is almost ugly, but I am strangely attracted to it. But sometimes I do tend to be attracted to the ugly. I had a weird moment when the vice president hugged me while my hands were full...and I tend towards "bad with hugs" anyway, so it was a little awkward. I think i got through it alive and with dignity.

So I had a half day because I wanted to test my allergy to cats. My cat at home, Allie aka binker, sometimes makes my eyes itch like a beast. So i thought it may be smart to find out if there was anything i could do about it. Well, it turns out I am allergic to cats and the recommended solution: avoidance. Which is not an option. So I can either wait and get one of these mutants (i don't know, but that creeps me out), suffer with allergy pills or start allergy shots. At the beginning (8-9 months) I get a shot once a week..then i move up to twice a week etc. These shots are expensive. But i need something else alive in this apartment.

Isn't it a bitch that I'm not allergic to dogs (the complicated pet)?

1 comment:

  1. Don't you put down dogs you anti-dogtite, dogs are the far superior pet, and if you can't realize that...then suffer with your allergies, on behalf of dog lovers...have a merry christmas with that weirdo of a cat

    ReplyDelete