Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Eeeeek.

There are some things that will never stop being amusing. And some that will never stop being creepy. And others that always give a warm fuzzy feeling. Lets make a list:

Amusing:
  1. Man on the "L" with very terrible, placed on top of his head toupee. There was no blending in. It was just there.
  2. People tripping and falling but NOT hurting themselves. If they hurt themselves, then its kind of scary. But if they just trip and look embarrassed, that's funny.
  3. Some of the things people wear. Seen today: Very long puffy coat, obviously worn over a skirt, with pale legs sticking out. On the feet? White socks and sandals. Yes...this person was getting off of the "L" at rush hour morning time. Going to work where??
  4. The silly little habits people have. For example, my "boss" who I assist, when she gets excited tends to talk to herself and make hooray and yippee noses in a high-pitched voice. When she is caught doing this...she is a little embarrassed, but its funny.

Creepy:

  1. Overweight, scary, "off-looking" old white guys. Not sure why, but they scare the be-jeezy out of me on the El. They can look really creepy...and then you can't help but look over your shoulder on the walk home.
  2. Weird, 800 legged bug that was on my ceiling the other day. It was big and scary. But I am short and scared...and so it is still wandering this apartment somewhere.
  3. The sometimes ability to feel what is going on. I have kind of felt like the person who got fired was on "their" way out. And yesterday the office did not feel right. And there were meetings in numerous offices (office doors closed in my office means someone is in trouble). It just felt off. But then, when it did happen, i somehow felt guilty. Because I felt like I had known and should have said something. Which is not a good feeling.

Warm/fuzzy:

  1. Puppies! Ok, come on, you knew that was coming (if you know me at all).
  2. Watching someone enjoy their music so much that they don't notice they are dancing or singing (or they do and don't care). I saw a guy today dancing seriously behind the wheel of his car. That brought a smile. And a warm/fuzzy.
  3. Feeling like I'm happy and secure in my job (even after there's been chaos at work).
  4. Waking up in the morning seriously refreshed! Its starting to happen in my apartment! I'm getting used to the noises (old place, it creaks and bangs) and my bed is unbelievable...

Ok, time to stop. I don't know where that all came from. I do have other things...some other time...

No comments:

Post a Comment