Saturday, November 27, 2004

Ah the frustration...

First, I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great...abundant turkey and stuffing (my fav). My holiday was great, suitably relaxing. However, I must say, that the last day and a half has just been full of horrible, anger inducing frustration. A very small sampling:
  • NBC still not working...called comcast, apparently their computer system has some major glitche: If the area they are scheduling an appointment in is suffering an outage, they can't schedule an appointment (does that make any sense?? no). So besides the fact that HBO, and all my other channels are fuzzy (because of said outage) I can't make an appointment for the problem I've had since the beginning of my service (which will not go away after outage). Was that confusing enough?
  • Got two letters today from my insurance company. One: Per your request to cancel your homeowners policy, it is cancelled effective Nov. 1 (keep in mind it should have been effective Nov 4, and i NEVER asked to cancel it). Two: a refund check for the premium i already paid on that insurance. What kind of shitty business is this. Per my request? I gave no request.

That was enough frustration to have me screaming. I think i might have been in a foul mood anyway, but its always horrible feeling to have a temper tantrum. Stomping up really loud stairs and yelling swears does little to rid me of my anger, and only embarrasses me later since I tend to get over the crest of my anger fairly quickly. I need someone to punch, would you like to come over and let me hit you?

Housewarming was fun. If you weren't there you missed some good food and interesting conversation. Nothing too funny to report.

Plan for the rest of the weekend is to clean this sty. Possibly involving loud music...

I feel like my blog is not funny. Maybe it'll be funny as soon as I get through all the mundane settling in things (still have a box or two to unpack, obviously still having cable issues etc.). For now...off to squint at my terribly fuzzy TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment