Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween!

You know that feeling, that if you put something off it will magically get done somehow? Thats kind of how I feel about packing. I've brought all of the shit up from the basement that is still semi-packed from college (ie kitchen/desk stuff). So all I have left is to pack my room. Which is quite an undertaking. I'm moving next Thursday. All of my soon to be built Ikea furniture is already there, couch and bed delivered Thurs....its just the small stuff left to pack, but thats the stuff that will make me feel at home.

All the friends keep asking me why I'm stressed because I'll only be an hour away so if I leave something behind, its not too big of a deal. But part of the reason I feel so stressed is because of how scary this whole thing is. Its hard for people in a couple to understand that I can be happy alone. But even while happy and comfortable in my singleness I still need friends and companionship. And I may not have that in Chicago. So its easy for me to be a little scared about this move. But at the same time, its exciting to make a place of my own.

But for right now, all the scared is at the surface with most of the excited buried down deep.

If I get too busy I may not write again for a few weeks. My internet is going to take a few weeks to work at the new apartment and these next few days may get a little crazy.

So wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your move! I look forward to seeing you (and your new apartment) soon.

    ReplyDelete