Thursday, October 28, 2004

Frustrations of being an adult...

In a few days I turn 23, which is pretty old. Ok, I know, I have a lot more oldness to come, but I really am officially an adult. Next week, 2 days after turning 23, I'm moving out of the house. And really, this is it. What I mean is, I no longer come back for holidays or move in for the summer. I live on my own now. Weird and very scary.

I have a few frustrations to discuss:
  1. First, to all you "coupled" people: would you please leave us singletons alone? I'm so tired of the questions about my love life. I don't ask you about yours. If I have something to report, don't worry, I'll tell you. So until then, STOP ASKING if I have a boyfriend. And really, if you are just getting to know me, my "marital status" does not define me. Even if I were in a relationship, it still would not be who I am. Ask something else. Please.
  2. Second, I understand that since I now am in the city every day I am going to see tons of bums. That does not frustrate me (although it is a little sad and I can't help but worry about the cold). What frustrates me is the ones that are clearly not walking the straight and narrow. I mean, the obviously blitzed bums. Why would i give you my money? Come on, make a better choice.
  3. Somehow my desk (or piece of cubicle) has ended up smack in the middle of office politics. I have the whiners on each side of me, who tend to be the trouble-makers. I do not want to be bogged down in the politics but I cannot avoid hearing their bitching. Ugh.

But on the plus side, I am excited to try to make a home out of an apartment in the city. But kids, I'm going to be lonely. I can't believe its a week away.

Wow.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't asked you about your love life yet. I know that when it happens it will be posted here on you blog. I have faith Katie. Keepin' the Faith. That's me: Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete