Sunday, October 17, 2004

Halloween costumes...

Please still read the post right before this one and take the quiz. I've highly enjoyed reading the comments about what "kind of girl" you all are. That doesn't seem like very good english. Ah well, looks like the president and I at least have one thing in common (although I suspect I am smarter than him).

Wanted to post a hilarious moment I had today and compare it to an old hilarious moment. I laughed my ass off just now, over something so silly it probably cannot be recreated for you all. This may be one of those situations where I tell the story and laugh and laugh, and you are silent and sober, and I end the story by saying "you had to be there."

At Target (love Target) there was a lovely display of pet costumes. Many of you may think, "that's animal cruelty" while others giggle and think of their own pet costume. I talked my mom into a costume for both the cat and the dog. Frankenstein for the cat, devil for the dog. Now, the costume consists of a head piece (which is kind of like a stocking cap that velcros on) and little booties (not to cover the foot, but to go around each leg like a band of frilly fun). If you know my dog and cat at all, you realize that this is not going to be accepted well. Animal cruelty is probably closer than giggly fun. But oh man, was the joy of watching them hate the costumes fun. The dog handled the head piece well, she somehow managed to flip it around so her devil eyes and horns were around her neck facing downwards. The leg-bands...oh joy, for some reason, she could not understand them and started high-stepping. The cat had the same reaction. And watching two animals prance and high step around the kitchen and living room was comedy personified. The cat did not tolerate the headpiece, she immediatly starting batting at her head. Not only that, the minute it got close to her head she flattened her ears so that I couldn't get them through the ear holes (pure genius on her part). Oh god, highstepping dog and cat. So funny.

Haven't laughed this hard that i can remember (i am sure I have but its not nearly as memorable) as when a friend of mine ran full tilt into a screen door. Not a glass door, a screen door. Not only was it hilarious the way she bounced (sorry friend! i know it hurt, but it was funnnny) but she left a face imprint on the screen. Not an indentation, an imprint. The screen was so dirty that half her face was covered in screen dirt...and the screen had been cleaned right where her face was. Oh hilarity.

Or maybe the time that my crazy housemates thought it would be funny to see if very drunken Katie could fit into a wrapping paper holder (like a plastic rubbermaid bin only tall and garbage can shaped to fit the wrapping paper). Not only were we all in lingerie (drunken girls think the stupidest things are funny, like a lingerie after-party), but we all took turns in the wrapping paper bin. I was just the only one to fall over and crash into the table. I had the ugliest bruise the next day, but ooooh boy, did we get a laugh. Please don't read this and think I was a stupid, drunk college girl. I was very far from it, closer to nerdery.

Love the laughter of silly events.

Love it.

3 comments:

  1. i tottally forgot about when unnamed friend ran into the screen door! god i'm cracking up right now just thinking about it, SO funny. (sorry unnamed friend, but true). -sigh- thanks for the "relaugh" - al {oh, and in previous comment, i meant "CAN talk about obsure cultural blagh blagh" not cant. however, as is aparent, i CANT type...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, they sell a whole line of Dinsey costumes for pets. I bought Annika a pink sequined "princess hat" (you know, the pointy cone with a veil hanging from the top). It is hilarious to see her confusion while wearing it and she actually looks quite adorable. Ask to see it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Im the unamed friend who ran into a screen door. Wanna know the funniest part, I wasnt even drunk, just got excited that I thought I saw someone's car outside that I ran full throttle into the screen door. And maybe if people cleaned thier apartments I wouldnt have left a face imprint in the screen door. But then again who thinks to clean a screen door, I certainly wouldnt. Oooohhhh memories!

    ReplyDelete