Thursday, October 21, 2004

The many loves of this girls life...

Let me just say, the pumpkin carving party was fab-o. Besides the family drama (none of your business) that threatened to ruin the evening, the pumpkins turned out great. And it seems everyone had a good time. I enjoyed myself and have delusions of grandeur-I'm going to carve a wonderful pumpkin this weekend. I'm going to use one of those patterns. I'm already excited.

In case you were wondering, I passed my insurance class midterm with flying colors. And what is shocking is how many people did not pass. The class is pass/fail, and passing is a 60%. Most, if not all of these people are not even paying for this class, their employer is. How can you fail a class that your employer expects you/paid for you to pass? People shock me.

I've decided to chronicle (fancy word for list) the current loves of my life. Alright, really they are just the boys on TV and in movies that I currently lust after.

  • First to my mind: Nathan vs. Lucas. Ok, those are TV characters, but I don't know Nathans name in real life. One Tree Hill. Lucas is Chad Michael Murray. All last season I was leaning towards Nathan. Dark, kind of sarcastic and mean AND he has a nipple ring. But this season Lucas shaved his head. Moving on since only 3 people in the world watch that show (me, my mom and med student Janet).
  • Zach Braff. Beautiful sense of humor (makes people instantly attractive) but at the same time is obviously able to actually think (see Garden State). The perfect mix. Exactly what I want in a guy (and come on, he's totally cute to boot).
  • Matthew Fox. I've become a fan of Lost. New show. Matthew Fox is that old hunk from Party of Five. He's delish. And kind of old. I'm proud of myself for liking someone older than me.
  • Ben. Okay, to be honest, I don't even know if thats his name on the show. So its obvious i don't know his name in real life. He's on the new show "life as we know it." Its good watch it. Me and two high school friends usually watch it together...and hes the one whos having an affair with a teacher. But he's totally cute in a nerdy way. At least mine isn't Dino (what a name). Last night I made a beano joke...and it was really funny. Ok, maybe not, but i laughed.
  • Adam Brody. Yes I do watch every corny high school shows. The OC, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, you name it I watch it. But Adam Brody has universal appeal...so cute.
  • Topher Grace. But not that 70's show Topher, I'm talking Traffic Topher or Win a Date Topher. Eeemmm, Topher.

I feel really silly. Not because i listed cute boys (although that is silly, that's a totally normal Katie kind of silly and nothing to feel silly about). I feel silly because all of those boys are TV boys. I do very little besides watch TV. I mean, that didn't even include any music boys (although i have spoken highly of big baby head, keane lead singer on this blog before). All I'm saying is that I maybe need to get off the couch.

At work I'm going to start training soon I hope. It will be nice to feel like I could be useful in a way that isn't just entering shit into computers and sending faxes.

If you're still reading, you're a good man. Just one more thing: as a single girl working in the city, i am constantly staring at men's ring finger. It's amazing how one goes from college where that isn't even a valid concern to realizing that i'm old now, and that a wife is a valid concern. And even more amazing is how many cute boys have wedding rings. Its a shame really. The new guy at work has no wedding ring. Hes almost attractive, but he's old. somewhere between late 20s and mid-40s (this shows my utter lack of age-judging skills).

Off to sit in cake-filled, comfy couch laziness. Too-da-loo.

4 comments:

  1. "To boot"? You are getting old Katie. Write me a letter damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that show life as we know it! My mom and I are ADDICTED! it is pure greatness and as a single working working in the suburbs LIVING AT HOME i still look at men's ring finger - CONSTANTLY! oh growing up is strange! :o)
    --Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest friend,
    If you would like to sweetly inquire about my writing you a letter, you really must include your name. What if I write a letter to a different pen-pal because I thought it was she who asked?
    Smooches,

    ReplyDelete
  4. a.) did you know non-70s show topher has a new movie coming out? with laura linney. he plays an art student, which is especially yummy. imdb-it if you haven't already.
    b.) we really need to find out if ben is his name, and as a mentioned high school friend i must admit as well that i find the show excellent. but i'm not into those other WB shows, what do you think it is about you and those high school shows?
    c.) not sure if i have a c, but listing is kinda my thing. ok, peace, i'm out. (who says smooches? ;P ) - al

    ReplyDelete