Saturday, September 25, 2004

Title unknown..

I guess I'm a little tired and spent about 30 minutes blankly staring at the title line trying to come up with something. Sure, I was distracted by the TV, but usually the title is easy...this entry is destined to be boring.

I have one thing to bitch about and one to gush about.

Bitch: There is an obvious problem in the world that needs to be remedied. It frustrates me beyond words when I go looking for a simple thing and cannot find it because of blatant discrimination. Blatant shoe size discrimination. My foot is a size 5. In shoemaker language that means "no need to make this size because we're evil." Most of the attractive adult shoes are made in sizes 6-10. That means that even if the store would stock a size 5 (which may not be the case) the size 5 doesn't exist. As a size 5'er, you begin to know the places that do stock a size 5: the Kenneth Cole outlet, Nordstrom at the beginning of the season, etc. But sometimes, mid-season, there comes a need for a new stylish shoe. And all your hopes are dashed after a day of "smallest size is on the floor" and "I have a 6, will that do?" Argh, I hate my shoe size and that there are very few attractive shoes to put on it.

Gush: I think i got my apartment! I've already paid to take it off the market...as long as everything goes well i should be in a new, awesome, "feels just right" place in November. Bought a couch and chair today....very excited. As a side note, how completely terrifying is it to be moving out of the house for good? This is it...I'm out...I'm on my own...

By the way, for some reason, i Y Jeremy Piven. Watching Runaway Jury tonight with some lovely popcorn and a cheery countenance. Possibly doing some more coloring...

1 comment:

  1. i heart jeremy piven too! (although i have never seen runaway bride) to bad he always gets stuck with those side-kick roles... -al

    ReplyDelete