Monday, September 27, 2004

He made a baby..

I secretly want to call one of my entries "pockets full of thoughts" but i know how lame that is so i avoid it.

  • I'm reading a crappy romance novel right now and it is quite dirty. Now, for those of you who don't know, a romance novel is basically a step down from erotica but a step up from "girly fiction." Plus, you get a really cheesy romantic ending where love conquers all and all that jazz. This is not good literature. But everyone needs a little gratuitous sex and romance to brighten the day. A spot of trash in a boring working day. My point here was that everyone has guilty pleasures, and this one is providing many a delightful daydream (although not about Luc, the hero of the book, more along the lines of Justin Timberlake...yes, I have fallen back into Justin love). Oh, and "he made a baby" is my mom's way of talking about teenage sex....way to be Mom...you make me laugh.

  • I highly, highly recommend Zach Braff's blog today. Man did i laugh. It's always exciting when reading can make you laugh. And not even a chuckle, more like a burst of laughter that makes your family look at you in a weird way. His blog is one of the websites that consistently pulls a laugh out of me. Another is the Guster website. The road journal...always a good read. Where are all these funny men in real life?

  • People and politics is always tricky. I do have pretty strong beliefs in this election, but i am hesitant to ever bring them up on this blog because i don't want to become one of those people constantly spouting Bush hate and Kerry hate. I did read the article in the new Rolling Stone where all the musicians get political and I did enjoy the article. I just, I like all my friends, republicans and all. Even if when put in a room with them I will vehemently argue my case, it just seems like an unfair argument if I just say, Bush lies and you're falling for it which makes you an idiot. It doesn't feel right or fair... (side note, is Rolling Stone two words or one?)

  • Growing up is funky....I go to bed so early, wake up at the crack of dawn and spend most of the meantime in transit or working or sitting on the couch. I have friends who are married and could start families any day now. I have a cousin that I grew up with getting married this weekend. I don't feel old enough to do any of this...and it is technically a possibility at my age.

I don't feel like i ever get anything across right and I end up sounding so scattered and not really as intelligent as I would like.

Ah well, that's the problem with a blog...its all your perception of my words...


1 comment:

  1. i believe that for the magazine, it is one word, RollingStone, however, musically it is two - The Rolling Stones. and even though some of my degree revolves around editing (scary, i know), i could be totally making that up. - al

    ReplyDelete