Wednesday, September 29, 2004

A confession...

As some of you may know, I am sort of a loner. I like to be by myself and am not really the kind of person who can "bare their soul." I tend to keep my emotions entirely to myself. Along with many of my thoughts. Which is why it was nice to start a blog and maybe get some of those things out. And now is the time to tell a secret. And really, the secret is still something that i find very personal and belonging to me. But there's only so much guilt I can handle. And its getting really annoying being careful.

So my little confession here only will really shock and dismay one person. The dad. And while I would have liked to have told him in person, I will shame-facedly admit that it was impossible. I had intentions of telling him more than once and chickened out. Anyway, on to let the cat out of the bag.

So a few months ago I got a tattoo. Thats right, I have officially had a tattoo for quite a while now. And sister dear, if you are even thinking of using the verb or noun "tat" please stop now. I hate that term, TAT. The guy who tattooed me nearly made me change my mind when he said, All right, lets tat you up. Thats so trashy.

Ok, so why not just be open about the tattoo? Well, the pops is anti-"body mutilation" which includes piercing of any sort and tattoos. He still asks my sister about the third piercing in her lobe. And I think in his eyes, piercings close up and a tattoo is forever. I decided to get the tattoo after years of wanting it....my thought was, if i've wanted it for years, then i'll probably want it forever. So I did it.

Its cute.
I like it.
I will never regret it.

So, none of this "why didn't you get it tattooed across your forehead?" Because that would be ugly. And while my tattoo may be visible when i bend over (hence the need to be careful around the dad....and like Mandy said in her comment my crack does show sometimes in my pajamas when i bend over, it can't be helped, it happens to the best of us.), it is a personal thing. It is MY tattoo. It is not for all of you to stare at.

So there you have it. I am tattooed. And happy about it.

Alex and I have discussed the tattoo thing...and for some reason it seems reasonable to both of us that people get addicted to it. Now, neither of us are going to tattoo our whole bodies...but it really is an intriguing and fun activity.

So, Dad, are you mad?

1 comment:

  1. Mad? No Shocked? No Dismayed? No

    You are an adult (icky huh?) and a smart young woman that is capable of making decisions for herself. I don't always have to agree with them. I can tell you that if it is something that makes you happy, I will agree with it. And, last but not least, we all make mistakes (lol).

    I'm actually thinking of having someone tattoo some hair on my head...Whatta ya think?

    ReplyDelete