Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tomorrow is my last day of work at a place I've been at for seven years. I would have expected to be writing a post here about how it's bittersweet and how I'm sad but also excited.

But instead, I'm here to tell you that I'm not sad. I'm surprised that I'm not sad but I'm definitely done. I think three and a half weeks of notice was too much. I think I "left" the job on Friday of last week and this week I'm just meeting with some of the people I like to say goodbye and good luck. And not a single one of those meetings has made me feel choked up in any way.

Maybe tomorrow will be different. But I think I'll most likely just leave with a spring in my step and my eye on the prize (the prize is a trip to Florida and some days at home to just de-stress before the new job).

Not sad. Not excited yet either. Just ready to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment