Friday, July 09, 2010

I used to sleep walk. I didn't do it often at all but there is a story that my Mom likes to tell. It was the morning. She was in the kitchen with a friend. I walked into the kitchen and tried to sit on the kitchen trash bin. Apparently I needed to go to the bathroom but was still asleep and thought, in my sleep state, that the kitchen trash was the toilet. She managed to redirect me to the bathroom, no harm done. As far as I know, this was not something I repeated, ever.

But last night, I sleep talked. Not so much sleep talked as woke up loml pointing to the bed side table. In my dream I was excited because I wanted him to take a picture with a logo he had designed and, hooray, there was a camera on the bedside table. In real life, I didn't say any of that, just woke him up pointing at the bedside table. I half woke up myself after he gave me a tissue. He was concerned I had been crying and needed a tissue. Really, I just needed a picture of him with that fantastic logo.

When I woke up this morning, I noticed a tissue next to me. And thought, oh shit...that all actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment