Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If you've been around this blog for a while, you know how highly I value snail mail. I love real letters, handwritten, creeping through the USPS, even to those living less than half an hour away. I think there's something amazing about handwriting. Today two things made me think of my love for a solid piece of real mail, so I thought I'd share:
  1. This valentine's card round up. While most of them are interesting and some of them appeal to me, that first one? Swoon. Folded, sealed with wax? Be still my heart. What a lovely idea. And, at some point, I'm going to have such a large collection of letterpress cards (I have a special weakness for simple letterpress ala this mini delight) that I'm going to have to start giving cards to loml, family and friends whenever i see them. I love paper.
  2. An article in Reader's Digest about someone who collects love letters. Apparently the old RD doesn't put it's articles online in a timely fashion or I'd link it here. Where is the blog of love letters found? Does that exist? Love letters are quirky and fun and amazing - it's almost the same kind of fun, reading them, as PostSecret. Except love letters are almost universally happy.
I've said before that letter writing is a dying art - I hate that - so I'll continue to put my two letters a week in the mail and pretend that it's not. And maybe I'll flirt with the idea of writing love notes. maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment