Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I am about to do something that I have found very hard to do so far...that is...tell you about loml in a happy way. There is something about writing a self-satisfied blog post that gives me chills. I don't want anyone to read a post I write and think: that bitch is smug. So I'm going to try to walk on this very thin ice - between writing a happy post and being smug. And if I fail, call me out.

loml and I just hit six months. Strangely, a lot of that time it felt like it all wasn't really happening and so six months came really quickly and yet...it feels like we've been together longer than that. And so I would like to just tell you all how lucky I feel (most of the time) to be going through all of this messy relationship stuff with loml. I'm extremely inexperienced at all of it and I tend to over-analyze and he's a peach for putting up with it.

I just deleted a whole paragraph about how I am sometimes needy and loml also handles that like a peach - but then i deleted it because listing all of my faults and saying loml is awesome for putting up with them is a pretty sorry happy post. We put up with each other - it's becoming obvious that all relationships that succeed are based on people being uniquely suited to handle the other ones tricky bits. And yes, I kind of like that that sounds dirty. I like loml's tricky bits, even though it's often maddening, frustrating and full of lots of nuggets to over-analyze. And I sort of hope he likes mine...or if nothing else, he likes making me squirm while he picks on mine.

You're a peach loml.

No comments:

Post a Comment