Thursday, December 03, 2009

Christmas tree time...

Right when I got home from work, I put together 3 of the 4 parts (scratching the shit out of myself in the process). I plugged them in just to make sure all was right with the lights. A full strand was out on the third part....so I took a break, defeated. No amount of shaking of the branches/playing with the wires was working. Just now, I looked over at the tree and the strand was fixed. The only variable? Mona, chewing on the tree. Now I'm hoping for another miracle on the top/fourth part of the tree....apparently not so reliable pre-lit tree....

I just almost burned down my apartment. I lit a candle, to take away the tree smell (it smells a bit like stale smoke...sorry mom). I opened up my new tree topper, set the package on the table...it toppled onto the candle and I almost had a disaster. It smells worse than the tree in here now, and I'm probably ruining my lungs. Ugh burning plastic...

***

It's several hours later and there's still a dead spot in my tree lights. I shook the branches in vain...but i did manage to get my tree topper to almost fall on my head. Missed me by an inch.

Time to let this day go.

No comments:

Post a Comment