Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009, in retrospect, was a year of change for me. This year:
  • My job changed. And in a lot of ways my feelings about work and my workplace changed. The change should have been such that it felt like I quit my last job and started anew. It hasn't materialized like that...but there is a piece of me that hopes 2010 brings that change.
  • I wasn't blogging at the beginning of the year, and here I am again.
  • Sometime at the end of 2008, I started to fall off of all of my hobbies. In the last year I have finished a sad total of 3 knitting projects: all three of which should have been super quick knits (socks, a hat and fingerless gloves). I had a layer of apathy sitting heavily on top of me. I think that's gone now - I reorganized my knitting/crafting area and I feel like that burden is lifted. I have 3 projects going at the moment, 2 more ready to go and 3 in the planning stages. I'm also hoping to start a different sort of project tomorrow using one of my christmas presents, a journal. The idea isn't fully formed but it basically just involves words, not writing, more like semantics. I heart semantics. Anyway, we'll see how short lived that is. But, 2009 was the year of hobby death. Hopefully in these very last moments it also contains a spark of renewal.
  • And obviously my personal life changed this year. loml is around now. That change was kind of hilariously rocky at the beginning. I think that's another lesson to myself: how I'm not so graceful - I wanted that change and yet didn't handle it all that well for quite some time.
So what do I hope for in 2010? Basically what I mentioned above: work to become what I hope it to be, writing to continue, hobbies to continue as they are from the past few weeks and to pick up speed and I'd like loml to stick around. I'd like 2010 to be a year for settling into the change of 2009.

Happy New Year all! What do you hope for in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment