Wednesday, November 21, 2007

And in this moment I am happy...

Pretty sure I've used that post title before. On this Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I'd like to take a moment and jump up and down for joy - this is the two year anniversary of my last day of work at soul sucking insurance job. It seems like it all happened so long ago. But it's only been two short years. I am so glad (and thankful) that I had the resources and support to quit that job.

Most of the ways in which I'm different have been slow in coming. And I think it's mostly been a progression that no one much notices. I am happier. I am far more easy-going. I am more stable. I am better off.

In the end, I guess I have to be glad I went through that whole thing. It made me understand what it feels like to be stifled. And I don't want that feeling again.

My apartment has been...plagued with problems. All of them water related (me and water? enemies.). I have a very real fear of mold and I need to get out of this place soonish. But I love this apartment, it is home. And I refuse to move to another place in between. Which is why I lust for a condo so badly...but I can't afford it. And the sister said, well, someday you'll land a job that will pay the big bucks. And my fear is...that job, that job that pays me a lot of money? Will that job stifle?

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you happy that job you want don't care about the money. Eventually money comes when you do what you love. I hope it will othervise i'm scrued :)

    ReplyDelete