If tomorrow you could wake up and magically be brilliant at something that you can't do, or are crap at doing, today, what would it be?
This one is a no-brainer. I would want to be musical. I bet if I tried really hard I could be passingly musical, but who has the time or money to do that? I'd love to play the piano or guitar. And I'd love to sing in key. It might help if my fingers were magically stretched a bit as they are exceedingly small and make chords and keys seem impossible...
Desert island CD. I leave it to your discretion whether you want this to be an actual released album or a mix CD - if it's a mix CD, your discretion as to how many tracks you choose to list here ...
This is impossible. I realize I'd need a mix - because I'd need music to "work" to (you know, when I'm building my hut) and music to cry to (you know, because I'm stuck on a desert island). The problem here is that this is going to be influenced by what I love now. And anything will get tiring after a while. And oh my god, I can't handle the pressure.
Sad sap songs:
- Mona Lisa - Guster
- Brothers on a Hotel Bed - Death Cab for Cutie
- Your Ex-Lover is Dead - Stars
- Joga - Bjork
- Not the Red Baron - Tori Amos
- Age Six Racer - Dashboard Confessional
- A Plain Morning - Dashboard Confessional
- Typical Situation - DMB
- Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
Working hard songs:
- Hyperballad - Bjork
- Tripping Billies - DMB
- Let Go - Frou Frou
- My Name is Jonas - Weezer
- Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
- Mr. Brightside - Killers
- Lovestoned - Justin Timberlake
- Oooh La - Kooks
- Naive - Kooks
- Crystal Ball - Keane
- Do It - Nelly Furtado
- Stronger - Kanye West
Most influential person in your life so far? and if I can stretch one question slightly, so that it also includes some hint of why/how so?
My Mom and Dad. Most of it was a lot of the normal shit, but I think I've learned a lot by example (and while most of that is good stuff, some of it has been "what not to do"). I'm really not sure that there will ever be a more influential person. My friends have had great influence on me as well...but that all just gets murkier than the parent thing even is (and we jump into the question of how much of me is me and how much of me is that which I've taken from others...).
Now cg...here are your questions:
- Because it was so torturous and hard, I'm going to make you do your own desert island question (freudian that I first typed dessert?)
- If you could give whatever you wanted (no cost/time/spatial restrictions) to someone you love, what would you give? And to who?
- As a fellow singleton (singleton's of the world unite!), do you have any "deal-breakers"? Do you have anything that you would like a "date" or partner to possess?