Thursday, September 20, 2007

I am about to bitch...

Take cover.

It has not been the best day. It started badly with the alarm jarring me from a truly desperate and hopeless dream. I cannot explain it without it sounding funny. So giggle if you want, but it was truly frightening and sad. I woke up with a feeling of utter despair. Quick synopsis:

I was living at my Mom's. Something terrifying was in the basement (murderer? monster?). The cat, Allie, who sadly is no longer around in real life, was totally funky and I suspected, in the dream, beaten/terrorized by scary basement lurker. The Mom then told me she'd been lying to me and listed off a number of family deaths I didn't know about. At which point I decided to run away from my family and never speak to them again (this is where I felt despair). On a bike. A pink and purple bike from my youth. And I prepared by packing cookies and goldfish and trying to figure out exactly how I was going to sleep during my journey. The sleeping situation again brought about a feeling of despair. It was horrible.

Then, I got to work. I have a coworker whom I am having a hard time working next to more and more each week. His cubicle is behind me. We share a cube wall. One day last week he clipped his nails for 10 minutes (I can't imagine that he didn't do his toes. He had to have. How can it take you 10 minutes to clip your finger nails?). The sound of clipping makes me nauseous unless it's my own. I've had this argument with my brother before when I was living at home actually. Today...today he went a step farther and had very loud, smelly gas. Quite a few times. Audibly. And this wasn't just generic fart smell, this was: something is wrong with my stomach and I am rotting inside fart smell. It was horrible.

Realized in the middle of the day that the case analysis I wrote, which I thought had to be two pages, had to be 3. Didn't do anything about it and expect a grade reflecting my half a page shortcoming.

Got home to cat puke.

Now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment