Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hairy mother's day...

A lot of tributes to Mom's out there in the blogosphere today. My Mooj knows how much I appreciate her...so no tribute here.

Instead, it's a long awaited hair picture day. I remembered last night that I needed to find a new haircut (coming soon, soon!) because while getting comfortable in bed my hair got stuck in my armpit and prevented any movement for a minute. I had to pull it out and readjust. Hair should not be long enough to get stuck in your armpit. Just saying....

So, while working on school stuff (ok, haven't started yet today, but let's pretend), I'm watching crappy movies on TV and I noticed that Julia Stiles has had some cute short dos:

The only issue with this do is that I can't see the back - if it's longish in back I won't have enough hair for it. Ok, I probably won't have enough hair for the front either, but one can hope! Maybe I can work towards a do like the one above, I really like it. I even like the bangs (and I am anti-bang.)

Now, Mandy Moore looks darling with short hair:

But, right there its a little "overdone". I would never, ever be able to do my hair like that everyday. Nor would I want to. But it was hard to find a picture with her with it more natural that was large (see below for less done hair). Isn't she cute? Isn't the hair cute?
(click to enlarge a bit)


I'm not sure if I'm going to do color right off the bat. I was growing out my color to see my natural hair color (it's probably been 10 years since I've seen my real hair color). I would love to experiment with darker (every hair colorist I know wants me to be blond. I would love to try reddish...).

Happy Mother's Day, Moms out there!

1 comment:

  1. i agree with what your saying: i'm anti-bang, but I really like that julia stiles cut. i also would never actually end up getting my hair to look like mandy moores in that first photo - too over done. but that third one is cute! i've been trying to figure out what to do with mine once the wedding is over as well, might try to go on my own blog and figure out how to post pictures too....

    ReplyDelete