Saturday, February 17, 2007

Red. Box...

I'm not sure I want to call it the red hot box anymore since the questions aren't all that hot...

would you choose to be the worst player on a winning
team or the best player on a losing team?

My first thought is that I'd rather do whatever needs to be done by myself. Team mentality is sort of lost on me - I was never athletic and therefore my only experience with teams has been in school. And the school kind of team is entirely different - a sports team...if you lose...it's just a game (although I think some would beg to differ). In school...if you lose...doesn't that mean you got a really bad grade or failed? And that grade can have an effect on you, individually, forever (your possible employer/college will ask for your transcript). So with school, unfortunately, there is an "I" in team, there are a number of "I's". And it doesn't work.

But let's pretend that I'm playing sports - I think I'd rather be the bench-warmer on the winning team. Because then you can have a party with your team and be happy for their accomplishments. This probably has something to do with the fact that I am not very competitive. I think people that have something competitive in their nature would rather be the best at what they do, even if the team is bad...

I have a headache and a boatload of programming to do. I am not having the most exciting of weekends...although I did meet with my group member (decided he is a low-talker) and have a laugh at the expense of my other group members. That was fun...

1 comment:

  1. I think I would rather be the best player on the losing team, because at least I would get playing time, if you are the worst player on the best team, you might NEVER get to play and if you love the sport that's what you want to do play! I know what it is like to be a benchwarmer, not so fun!

    ReplyDelete