Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pickle breath...

Dear School of Suck,

You really are a sneaky one aren't you? Trying to make what are possibly my last few weeks working for you some of the most guilt-producing, stressful weeks ever? Are ya? Well, you're winning.

Moving all of my bosses to a different building while leaving me behind? Suddenly? So suddenly that I found out yesterday and the move happens on Thursday? Yeah, that was tricksy. Then making me attend a long meeting about how the future will work (how do I figure out my jobs if my bosses are across the street?) and what is in my future...when all I could think was: "I may not be here for long, I have an interview on Friday"? Horrible.

The worst part, School, is that I now have to grapple with how exactly to turn in two weeks notice to a boss I have no access to (literally. Card access in the other building only). If I turn in two weeks notice (I imagine I will be soon, even if this interview on Friday isn't the job) looks like I'm going to be the girl who has to email her two weeks notice. Ick.

So thank you school, for throwing this stress-inducing curve ball my way. I guess I'm learning to be flexible?

Love,
Katie

And on a happier note...

Dear pickles,

I love you.

Love,
Katie

P.S. - why don't you taste as good as the pickles that come with sandwiches in delis/diners? Where do I buy those?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sucks. I'm looking at job changes, too. These things do not make me happy.

    ReplyDelete