Thursday, December 14, 2006

Well. This entry is useless...

I've been feeling sort of fevery all day (you know, hot face, heavy head, total fatigue). Not fun. And yet despite all that, I had a fairly cheerful day. I had a few moments of wondering how long I could handle being a student intern (having all the responsibility of an...."adult" worker but none of the pay and none of the perks. My department went out to lunch and none of the interns were invited...and I just felt like a really old 25 with all of the freshmen/sophomores that work around me). Other than that it went well. Both of my supervisors (both of whom I like) gave me gifts. It was just cheerful.

Then news went around the office - someone had jumped the tracks and the red line was re-routed. Red, Brown and Purple were going to be seriously delayed. And all around my office people were groaning and griping - and all I could think was...um, hello? Someone's dead you assholes. So your commute is messed up. Suck it up you whiners. That sort of ruined my festive cheer (as did the graphic descriptions by some man in my office that floated to my ears - talking about flattened human etc. Awful).

Long ass commute. Hot face. Heavy head and eyes.

Get home, cook warm food. Play a tivo'd show. Eat. Need to fast forward through commercials. Hit the button. Time to stop the fast forward. Stop isn't working. Must make it stop....so I hurried to stand up. And I somehow ripped the top half of my big-toe toenail right off. Yeah. Serious pain. Semi-nauseous. All that warm food? Cold after the hopping around moaning and huffing and the nursing and blood catching. And even if it was warm...didn't feel much like eating anymore.

Now I feel like I'd rather be in bed than awake. I'm supposed to be calling my friends and all I can think is "Toe. Throbbing. Tired." Calls put off one more day...

I wonder if I'm going to be able to comfortably wear a sock tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment