Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crafty Sunday...

I declare today, the second Sunday in December, Crafty Sunday! Besides going to the grocery store, pretty much all I've done for the 6 hours I've been awake is craft. Not even knit, but craft.

I am attempting to create a cutest of cute Wee Bunny(c/o Hillary at Wee Wonderfuls, which is a delightful blog that you should visit constantly). I have crafted my first prototype. Please consider the fact that I have never sewn anything before (or not since Home Ec in 7th grade) before you judge.

Now, please look at how cute these wee bunnies are supposed to be:
Here and Here (note on the second link: this is a photo gallery of normal people (read: not extraordinarily gifted crafters) who made the Wee Bunnies themselves. So, some of them look very similar to my prototype...while some of them look close to professional).

And then there is mine. It turned out WAY better than I imagined my first try would. The ears especially. Although I must admit I have about 5 dead ears laying on my kitchen/crafting table (damn zig zag stitch). And, it was easier to make it one piece/a stuffed animal than I expected. BUT, it is not rounded and curvy and wee. It's got sharp corners and pointy top of head/back of head. So, I am sure my next try will be much, much better. I'm hoping my Mom can give me some advice on why my perfectly rounded stitching turns out pointy. I hope she (and her friend A) are happy about the immediate use of the lent sewing machine. I am lucky enough to have a really nice sewing machine on loan to try this crazy crafting project...

Katie's Wee Bunny Prototype front:

I didn't craft a face or finish/sew on the bottom (since the bottom is all round sewing I thought maybe advice first would be good). I decided to just stop where I was and fill it to see what would happen. Good thing I did, cause look at this pointy cone head:


That's the side view. Cute fabric, huh?

I probably will not try again this week - crafting after work is tiring business. We'll see though. I might get inspired one day...

I promised you all buttons but at the moment I'm feeling sort of crafted out. Hopefully later tonight...if not, there might not be buttons as soon as tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. HEY! We're doing an auction on our site where the chicas will bid for dates with our lovely male bloggers. Please check it out and consider participating. It will be awesome, I promise!

    ReplyDelete