Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Paring down...

I have something like 7 ideas for how I want to blog today and I have no idea which is the right way to go. So first let me say that I finally think I am curious about politics and maybe, just maybe I'll be able to follow along with most of what's going down in DC. Maybe.

Moving on...I think that I may have reached the utopia point with my mixture of concerts. In the past month I've seen two concerts that I would not have gone to without a nudge in the right direction (read: free concert ticket). I saw James Taylor and Barbra Streisand. I probably know their music equally (not well). I went to both of these concerts with an open mind. I wound up a little bit bored at both, but bored in a good way. Bored in the "I wish I was right where I am with the addition of a book" way. I don't regret going to either and I feel like I gained something from both (putting what I gained into words is proving harder than my homework from this past weekend so...not gonna do it).

So my concert mixture now includes an overwhelming amount of DMB mixed with a dash of Barbra, Justin Timberlake, Paul McCartney, Keane, James Taylor, Death Cab and Puff Daddy (and many more <-- sing that like the birthday song). And the symphony. Can't get much more diverse (maybe if I had some country, jazz or...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment