Sunday, September 10, 2006

Book Quest ...

Update time. I finished A Passage to India. I definitely didn't hate it. But I really feel lukewarm about it. It took me a long time to even build up slight interest in it. The first third of the book I slogged through slowly. It was a nice story. Enjoyable. But as a whole, it didn't thrill me.

Next up: An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser

Bonus book: My sister just brought me the His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman (which is actually 3 separate books that only count as one) and it turns out I have read them before! I just didn't remember. It was a long time ago (probably when I was in college) but I do remember enjoying them (there is no way I would have read all 3 books if I didn't enjoy them somewhat. At the time I wasn't trying to finish huge lists of supposedly great fiction).

Brings my count to 37 books read, 85 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment