Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm all about solutions...

Yesterday someone was passing out beer cozy's (ok, it could be any canned drink, but I feel like the name of the product is beer cozy) in front of my L stop. I tried to brush by the guy, but he sort of loudly asked, "Coozy miss?" Yes, he misprounounced cozy.

The point here is that I sort of take umbrage to being called miss. But I also don't like being called ma'am. Miss makes me feel like a 13 year old. Ma'am, a 40 year old. I feel like there needs to be some moniker for the in-betweenies. These are the few I came up with on my walk home:

Mim
Ma'as
and the best: Nam-nam.

Nam-nam. Imagine if someone was like, Beer cozy, nam-nam? Wouldn't you giggle and possibly say yes? Rather than feel like, HEY, I'm not a miss. And I'm definitely not a ma'am. Not a miss-not a ma'am. Nam-nam.

1 comment: