Sunday, August 27, 2006

Home improvement weekend...

I feel like this weekend has been quite successful. I don't want to go into details of everything I've accomplished, but I thought I'd share some pictures of my finally finished home improvement projects.

First, my new bulletin board (tile looks gray and black, but is actually light blue and navy):

Some thoughts on the bulletin board: I love it. It is nowhere near perfect. There are some gaps between some squares. Mostly my fault. If I was a perfectionist (like my mom) I would have made a grid on the wall and followed it strictly. I just sort of let the squares be my guide. The little gaps don't bother me - eventually the thing will be so covered in crap that you won't be able to see the attractive grid pattern anyway. For $35 (incl. shipping) I think this bulletin board is an AWESOME deal. It was easy to stick to the wall, it's big (18" by 24"), just a great deal. If you decide to buy some, consider drawing a grid on the wall and be sure to count the mounting squares the company sends you immediately. I went to hang the bulletin board a few weeks ago and was short by 40 mounting squares. Yes, 40. They sent them out right when I asked...but I still had to wait for the mail.

A pretty new bathtub:

Besides needing a serious cleaning, the tub decals needed to be replaced. Looks lovely.

And, a past project I'd like to share:

My bedroom wall squares, quite happy with them (i know you love the unmade bed...which is pretty much NEVER made).

No comments:

Post a Comment