Sunday, July 16, 2006

The lengths....or post number 400...

Disclaimer: I am 93.25% sure that the main person this post is about does not read this blog.

Recently friendship and all its incarnations have been front and center in my daily brain muck. A lot of different thoughts. But today, this one: how far should one go for a friendship?

There is one friendship of mine that I am the one always taking the steps to keep in touch. As sort of a test, I stopped getting in touch with said person. And haven't heard from person since. If i were to contact now and question this, the reply would be "well, you didn't get in touch with me either." I've heard it all before.

As I'm getting older, friendship seems harder to keep and harder to make. Losing one sucks. Which is why I was going to great lengths to keep it. But the idea of grasping/hanging on with a death grip to someone's arm (it's how i view it) to keep them around is a drain on me and kind of sad.

The worst part of it all is that I know I am bad at getting in touch with people. And I wonder if someone feels that way about me, that they put in all the effort and I just float along.


PS- post number 400! That's a lot of shit I've been spewing onto the internet...
PPS- info about the fridge crisper next time

No comments:

Post a Comment