Tuesday, June 27, 2006

For a lonely soul, you're having such a nice time...

I just got home from the Keane concert.

And boy did it SUCK.*














*If by suck you mean, it was AWESOME. The new stuff sounded great live, big baby head was amazing in all his awkward, tall rocker glory and the Metro was pretty OK. I thought I'd start out with it sucking because my sister had to back out at the very last second (as in she was in the city, had eaten dinner and was ready to go to the concert...and then couldn't). I thought maybe she'd read that sentence and have this tiny moment of joy and relief. And sure, that moment is ruined now, but one good moment is better than no good moment, right? There were things I didn't like:
  1. being short
  2. being short at a standing venue behind tall boys
  3. drunk girls who scream and shout the whole concert and use words like "strategery"
  4. republican boys who decide that since big baby head (bbh) said something vaguely political he no longer liked the band. bbh said something about the US being unhappy with our government (in his words "discontented") as is the UK with theirs and that is what the song is about.
I'm off to bed. I want to urge you to push the "Meet Elvis" link in the last post. Not only because it's me and the sister with Elvis, but also because the guy who is playing Elvis (what? it's not really Elvis? GASP) reminded me just a little of bbh. He was tall, sort of awkward...same way of talking/singing maybe? In case you don't know, big baby head is the pet name the sister and I have for Tom Chaplin, the singer in Keane (he's the guy on the right, with the big baby head).

No comments:

Post a Comment