Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Anatomy of a Vegas trip...

I didn't hate Vegas (my sister seems to be leaning towards hate). But I didn't love it. That's about all I feel like I want to say about it. I do think I'll go back. I think it would be tons of fun to go with a group of girls. In my mind we wouldn't be staying up to the wee hours with the drunkies but waking up, laying at the pool with drinks, eating, seeing a show, maybe some dancing....and then in bed at a normal hour. This may never happen.

Anyway, here's a run down of the trip:


Friday 8:30 pm: Supposed to fly out. Ted (you suck) for United, our airline, keeps delaying flight. We knew at around 3 that is was delayed an hour and a half. By the time I got to the airport it was delayed 2 and a half hours. We sat at the airport FOREVER and then sat on the plane forever. Ended up with a total delay of about 3 and a half hours.

Friday, 1:30am Vegas time (3:30 ours): Arrive in Vegas. Feel like I hate it already just because I'm so crabby. Slow check in at the hotel (around 2:15ish). Lots and lots of very drunk people everywhere.

Saturday, 9:00 am: Sister calls and wakes me up (jerk). We go to a buffet for breakfast. It costs a billion dollars but tastes pretty great. We wander around Vegas staring at people, animals, and curving escalators (cool!). Eat at In & Out burger. We gamble maybe $4 on nickel and penny slots. Dinner at a nice restaurant then Ray Romano (funny).

Sunday, 10:00 am: meet the sister, have a really quite delicious croissant. Go to the spa/salon and spend an astounding amount of money in 2 hours. Both get our hair done and looking the best it has in ages. We gamble a bit more. Get dressed. Attend/participate in a very short wedding. Spend time in a penthouse suite, chatting with family and watching the fountain go off every half an hour. Gamble a little more. Go to the reception at Circo. Meet Elvis. Eat, drink too much, eat. Gamble a little more. Drink a tiny bit more. Finally go to bed.

Monday, 7:30 am: Wake up, get ready to leave. Call the sister to ask if we can meet for breakfast. Go down to her room and tell her I don't think we have time to go to breakfast. She looks at me like a loony and tells me we have an hour. Turns out someone (me) managed to change the clock in my room to be an hour later than it actually is. Me and the roommate are ready and up an hour early (actually 6:30 am). Oops.

Monday, 10:54 am: Plane supposed to have taken off. We are in the plane, sitting there. Some computer isn't working and they have to "power down" the plane. They tell us we can stay on the plane which might get hot or exit. Bunch of people start to exit. Then they announce that never mind, they don't want us to exit. People get angry. Feels like we'll never get out of there (and really, should we want to with malfunctioning computer equipment?). We finally take off, probably about an hour late. And that whole hour was spent crammed on to the plane. I hate Ted. You suck Ted. If you are thinking of flying Ted, you might want to pay that extra $50 and change airlines.

And now I'm home. Kind of glad to be home and not traveling in the near future.

1 comment: