Monday, April 17, 2006

The results of cupcake abundance...

Basically, my stomach is staging a revolution. On a Monday. The day of all of my classes. I've been going through this awful guilt spiral about not going to my graduate class: "What happens if my grade suffers because I didn't want to suffer through class? You can sit through class. Uh-oh, no you can't. It's a waste of my grad school money and bad to miss class." Etc. Etc. But I don't think I'll be making it to class later.

In order to entertain myself (besides trying to do some reading and school work) I decided to take a different tack with the whole online dating thing. Without going into too many details, since I really don't want all of you to go looking for these online profile things (which is why I never have mentioned the specific dating service I used) I'm now drowning in possible dates. And weird pictures. Some guy sent me a picture of "his abs." Like that's going to win me over (and I put his abs in quotes because...are they really? I'm skeptical). Anyway, my new idea is that I should keep momentum. I went on a date, maybe I should make effort to go on another.

Oh, and two things I forgot to mention previously:
  1. Buttons are up. Only for the next 9 or so days unless I get a really good idea, motivation and some time to make more buttons soon.
  2. I wanted to endorse Spelling Bee (musical) for all of you Chicagoans or even for anyone who likes to make a trip to see theatre. It was very funny, sort of improv-y (but it's a musical?)....me, my cousin Bee and my sister had a great time. Bee even played a small part in the play. For any of you who have seen it, she was Marigold. I think the theatre and Chicago theatres in general are hoping to establish a sort of mini-Broadway. And this is the second part of the plan...Wicked was the first test (as in, can it make it for months..and now years and still turn a profit)...and now this smaller, quirky play is test number 2. Can it make it? So, support Chicago theatre, go see Spelling Bee. It was under 2 hours with no intermission...

No comments:

Post a Comment