Thursday, April 06, 2006

I heart reader participation...

Let's go kiddies, it's time to play! Stolen from my sister, who in turn stole it from another blog she reads.

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING

  1. I am waiting, 'til I don't know when
  2. Mary walks down to the water's edge
  3. I don't believe in the smile that you leave when you walk away
  4. Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?
  5. I got plans tonight, and you, you know what I like
  6. No, no, Mama, now Devil done do-si-do
  7. And the hardest part was letting go not taking part
  8. Yes. It's so crazy right now, most incredibly
  9. Morning calls for pain relief, a line above the step beneath
  10. Look at the stars, look how they shine for you
  11. Heres comes the morning and I'll say goodbye to you
  12. You may tire of me, as our December sun is setting
  13. Burn it down, 'til the embers smoke on the ground
  14. I know you think that I shouldn't still love you, I'll tell you that
  15. Ladies and Gentlemen, it's my pleasure to introduce to you, he's a friend of mine (this one identified by my Mom over IM: Senorita by Justin Timberlake)
  16. Cold, cold water surrounds me now (identified by Tim over IM: Cold Water - Damien Rice)
  17. Caught a lite sneeze, caught a lite breeze
  18. I am terrified of all things, frightened of the dark, I am
  19. Where the river cross, crosses the lake
  20. You could see me reaching, so why couldn't you have met me halfway?
  21. It's not that she walked away, her world got smaller
  22. Breaking my back just to know your name
  23. When you look in the mirror, wish you were somebody else
  24. Believe me Natalie, listen Natalie
  25. You make me lose my buttons oh yeah you make me spit
  26. The Atlantic was born today and I'll tell you how
  27. Coming down I'm coming round this time i think i'm waking up
  28. Maybe I'm the afterglow, cuz I'm with the band you know
  29. And when I see you, I really see you upside down
  30. When she walks down the street, she knows there's people watching
I think this list is a little too easy. And truly, not that great of a representation of my music. The old IPod shuffle failed me. So have at it.

7 comments:

  1. 2. Mary -- Sarah McLachlan
    10. Yellow -- Coldplay
    12. Brothers on a Hotel Bed -- Death Cab
    13. Heart is an Empty Room -- Death Cab
    22. Mr. Brightside -- Killers
    26. Transatlantacism -- Death Cab
    30. Stella was a diver and she was always down -- Interpol

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--I'm so proud that I knew that last one. I could hear that line over and over again in my head and I pulled it out of seemingly nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incorrect on number 22. But very, very close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Sam, I couldnt login so I used Ang's login...

    7. Hardest Part - Coldplay
    17. Caught a Light Sneeze - Tori Amos
    22. Somebody Told Me - Killers
    24. Believe Me Natalie - Killers

    I think its time to get a little more variety on your ipod. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5. Right for me - Justin Timberlake
    9. Dashboard Confessional - Morning (calls?)
    14. Dido - White Flag
    20. Incubus??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll give you number 20 (and all the others were right) even though you don't know the song name because I would never have known it (it's Mexico).

    ReplyDelete