Tuesday, April 04, 2006

City streets at night...

These past two days I've seen a lot that made me think: oh man, I should blog about that. But I didn't. Does anybody else do that? I'll be in a situation and I'll think of what I would write about it. Maybe that makes me weird...but that's what I do. So here's the ones I can recollect:

  • I managed to get away from the cool ranch smelly boy, only to sit behind someone that smelled like moldy old shoe (don't pretend you don't know what that smells like) and skunk all rolled together. All 3.25 hours of class little wafts of stank air floated my way. It was torture. Add to that the fact that I somehow knew all of the stuff we covered ...it was possibly the longest 3 hours ever.
  • My current "Time 100" book is exactly 1,079 pages long. It is a fiction novel with 388 footnotes (which comprise 96 pages of the 1,079). It is an extremely difficult read. I don't think my sister will ever finish it as she doesn't have the self-control/staying power that I do. I will offer this as future encouragement for her: there have been some smile/almost chuckly moments thus far. I'm on page 204 of the actual book and 15 pages into the footnotes. I think it's going to take the entire quarter. The Time 200 will be out by the time I finish all 100 books...
  • I still don't understand how I can love this city so much. Especially when I don't really see all that much of it. But on clear Monday nights I get to see the city in all it's nighttime glory on my ride home. It's breathtaking.
That's all I've got. I'm sure there were more. I'm going to try to find some time later in the week to address Jill's questions about single people. I think, to someone who has been in a relationship all of her adult life, she looks at us as a weird specimen in a zoo (us? I guess I really only have 2 single friends...and that's including my mom). I'll leave you with this quote from my encyclopedia length book: "That loneliness is not a function of solitude." (i decided to leave the that...put it in the context of a list of things that you learn).

1 comment:

  1. no, you are not weird. No more weird than the entire blogging population. This whole blogging culture is totally fascinating; how I will see something and think, "I should share that on my blog."

    What did we think before we thought that?

    ReplyDelete