Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Quick procrastination post...

So you all know I have cats. One of them is a lamb, she's a lap cat and quite strange. The other is a hermit, she is afraid of people and is sometimes afraid I'll grab her/hit her (if you even question that I would, you clearly have no inkling of my huge, gooey soft spot for animals). I think part of the reason I started to waver on the baby thing...or why part of my no-baby fortitude slipped from the usual 100% is that I truly feel like I've had to work with this cat. Like I'm "raising" her. No, I am not a crazy cat lady who thinks my cats are my children. But...I might be a crazy cat lady because I am so attached to them.

Boku-hermit and I have recently had all manner of breakthroughs. First, she has started to walk under my legs when I have them propped up on the table. Big trust thing. Then she has started to let me walk over her - again, trust. But finally, I found the way to her little walled off cat heart through a cat brush. She loves it.

Sometimes I watch those animal cop shows on animal planet and leak a little (as in cry...but not full out cry, just leak). I don't know how or why you would every hurt an animal or leave them in terrible conditions. And Boku-hermit was obviously hurt. By humans. She's not afraid of other cats....she's afraid of people. She doesn't bite, she runs. So I can't imagine that she ever bit someone to instigate her being beaten. Who are these people?

No comments:

Post a Comment