Monday, March 20, 2006

Operation Deadbolt Update...

So the minute the repair person gets here, the freaking deadbolt starts working. I put in my key to demonstrate (I checked earlier this morning too in case it magically starting working and it wouldn't budge) and try to turn it once or twice and click, it starts working - this is my luck. So of course, repairman doesn't believe me, thinks I'm a stupid girl who doesn't know how to make the key work. I got a lecture on how not to panic when the key won't turn and how I should make sure it's the right key (um, duh?). I tried that deadbolt on multiple occasions. When I was calm. With the correct key. And it was flat stuck. He "sprayed" inside and claims now it's really "gliding" but I know this is going to happen again. And I'm going to hope it happens at 2pm on a day when the landlord's office is open. That way I can walk over there and explain.

Because if it happens again at night where I have to break in to my apartment, I might not be able without the help of a play program and a pharm student's skinny, yet strong arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment