Friday, January 13, 2006

Jibber jabber...

Ok...I have stuff to say about classes yesterday, but I'm going to relegate that to the end of the post. I just got an email from an old coworker of mine who filled me in on some HILARIOUS gossip that is swirling around back at the office about yours truly. Remember how I crushed on the computer guy? Well, my underwriter and computer guy apparently got into it about office politics. And computer guy was accused by my underwriter of "fraternizing with the enemy." In other words, she told him that I had betrayed her by leaving the company and to make it all worse, she couldn't believe I was "seeing" computer guy. That everyone knew we were seeing each other. HA. First time I've laughed out loud at an email in ages. Wow. I was under the impression that rumors usually had some truth behind them, or even started at truth and morphed into nonsense. But this one...started at fiction and ended at fiction. Good to know that my leaving was considered betrayal. Wish I had been seeing computer guy...

On to the present....in my java course yesterday (remember, cute pregnant Italian lady teaches this one) there was a group of kids that I wanted to maim. They were clearly trying to show each other how "cool" they are (in the high school sense of cool) by being rude, not caring about class and showing each other how bored they were. In such an obvious way. And I felt fiercely protective of my prof. I think that's a little weird how protective I felt. But at least I can hold the knowledge close to my heart that these kids will probably get C's and D's in the class because they are too cool to listen.

And, remember that group project where I was in a group with a dunderhead? Well, the non-dunderhead member dropped the class. So now my group is: me and dunderhead. I shit you not. There is one good/one bad thing about this. Good: I am in complete control and will do this whole project alone. Bad: I am in complete control and will do this whole project alone. It is a group project, so the work load is meant for a group. Just my luck, right?

Today I have my grad orientation. Yes, it is 2 weeks after I started school. But I hope to meet some grad students and maybe join the grad student association.

1 comment: