Monday, January 09, 2006

Dirty dishes, homework...

It turns out that blogging has become my new favorite procrastination method. Poor souls out there who are actually coming to this blog for a good/fun read! HA! Fools! Ok, no, I will try to limit my procrastination to real blogs. Try.

This weekend we went to the zoo. Whenever I drive towards the city (which I had to do to get to Brookfield and to get home) I feel filled with love for this place. It's funny that a view can do that for me...give me that heavy feeling of joy in my stomach. And Chicago...oh I love you. I know I don't really know the city that well but I hope to. I hope that in about 10 years (I'm just being realistic) I'll be a true Chicagoan. And sometimes I think about the Sex and the City quote: If you can only have one great love, then the city just may be mine. I know I'm a little young for such statements, so check back in ten years.

P.S. - one of my favorite things about the new year is the ability to tell old shows from new by the year. Love it. Don't even need to read the vague show synopsis...just look at the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment