Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And she said...

So, I've felt panic twice today. I don't think I've had real panic in months and months and months. Until today.

First, my professor announced that a huge chunk of a group project is due next Thursday. And we only got our groups today. And one of the kids in said group is a dunderhead. Towards the end of my undergrad career, I started to coast. Basically I sponged off of my groups and did no more than I needed to. But now I feel like I need to be in complete control because this is my life. That was just a diploma. This is my life. So I volunteered to write the whole first part. And my group didn't agree. Those bastards. But...I'll figure it out somehow...

And my second moment of panic revolves around healthcare. I received a notice from my company that recent office visits (EXPENSIVE visits) were performed before my healthcare was effective. I COBRA'd my insurance. Therefore, my insurance has been effective since 2004. However, I noticed today that the very large check I wrote to my old company to COBRA said insurance has not been cashed. PANIC. I emailed my HR lady a week ago to confirm she got the check. She didn't get back to me. PANIC. So I have to deal with all this tomorrow. When I should only be worrying about impending midterms.

Can I just say that I am totally shocked (and again, a little panicked) by the fact that my midterms are in January? Doesn't that feel crazy early? Technically it's that last days of January, beginning of February. But that's still damn early!

So, I'm remaining calm by enjoying mindless TV.

1 comment:

  1. midterms in jan/feb: welcome to quarters! if you want any sympathy - my entire ungrad was a trimester school, so i feel for ya.

    ReplyDelete