Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday...of hell....

So last Thursday I had a nice morning...I emailed my friend Janet and told her I couldn't wait to come visit. Then I got to work and spiraled into never-ending sneeze, bogie-filled nose and raw nostrils. Friday wasn't much better and my weekend was ruined. I stayed home, slept and got better. Thought I was OK. Had a little sore throat on Tuesday which I blamed on Fooweeze (side note: the Trib gave Foo Fighters a good review, and Weezer a bad one???).

Now I am even sicker than I was last Thursday. It's the same pattern too. Felt fine this morning, at work I slowly starting sneezing. Took an allergy pill. No effect, sneezed about 8.736 million times. I took a cold pill at lunch and that worked for about 5 hours. Now I have to wait a few more hours to take my night-time pill and I'm miserable. But I am not going to let it ruin my weekend. At least this time I don't have to spend loads of time in a car and a night in an unfamiliar bed. But I am having a really hard time convincing myself to go to work tomorrow.

I'll stop whining now...I did have a day highlight when the computer guy bought me candy. But that's just because he ate all of mine. And next week I have a life altering hair appointment. Just you wait....

I'm off to sneeze.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it is just a Thursday pattern with you. It could also be the weather. It keeps going from hot to cold and a lot of people are having headaches and sinus trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the great experience lately of getting an allergy attack right around 3 a.m. for the past week and a half. I'll wake up sneezing and sniffling with runny, itchy eyes and not be able to fall asleep again for two of three hours.

    ReplyDelete