Saturday, August 27, 2005

Cuz I'm not who I used to be...

For the first time in what feels like weeks I'm really in a great mood today. I haven't done anything exciting, although I have gotten a lot done. The reason I'm in such a good mood is because for some reason I had this jolt of hope this morning.

One of the reasons I got a tattoo in the first place is that I feel very strongly about having hope. I think in some ways my hope is the same as others who have faith. But my hope is more about there being some new and good thing out there, something to look forward to, to reach for (and not about having someone "watching out for me"). And I guess for the past month or two, I was lacking in hope. My job is probably the number one drain right now. I think a lot of people would think being chronically single may be the problem, but all of those people are part of a couple. And coupleds think singles are always unhappy alone. Anyway, the other night I was out with a friend and basically he told me it was silly to stay at my job if I'm unhappy...and while it seems like the most logical thing in the world, it was nice for someone to just say it. I don't know what I'll do...where I'll go from here.

But no matter what I do, I'm just happy and hopeful about everything right now.

In other news, although obtained illegally, the new Death Cab album is amazing. So excited to see them in October. And don't worry, I'll buy the album when it comes out officially. I'm no thief...

1 comment:

  1. i take offense - i am part of a couple and do not think that your being single is some major drain on your life.
    and, if you want to leave your job, i fully support that as well.

    ReplyDelete