Friday, July 01, 2005

Pigs...

I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but I just watched the first two episodes of Real World: Austin. In my defense, nothing else was on. Anyway, I wanted to proclaim my utter disgust at two of the men and one of the women on that show. To me, there is something to be said about a woman who can be sexy without being slutty. There is something unique and amazing about girls who can exude sex appeal without being slutty, skanky or half-naked. This Melinda girl is the exact opposite of that and the two "frat" boys on the show leer at her in the most degrading way. I would rather be celibate for the rest of my life than be looked at like that. They are pigs for staring at her, exchanging high fives when she's half-naked, and making a bet on who can hook up fastest. But she is a disappointment too, almost worse than them, because she is the kind of girl that empowers that sort of behavior. Flashing your cootchie to your new roommate is not endearing, darling. Ugh, way to put me off of dating Real World.

And just as a side note, I have achieved the temperature of 73 in my bedroom, I am inwardly CHEERING. Sleep tonight is going to be bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment