Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Work, work, work...

So today I got a semi-promotion. But the way it went down, I really felt like I was demoted. Why? Because office manager does not know SHIT.

I get called into her office and told I am moving. I am moving to a much larger desk that is actually made of wood and has drawers. Technically I am no longer in a cubicle but at the same time, this is not an office. But instead of telling me the move is so that I can concentrate on my new work load (this came later) she tells me, "it's too rowdy where you are." My logical assumption is that she assumes by taking me out of the mix, the office will be more harmonious. Doesn't that sound like a punishment? My new desk is all by its lonesome (like an office, but not) so I will have less to discuss with neighbors (since I don't have any).

The truth is, I'm finally going to start underwriting. I'm going to be quoting and stuff. Exciting, eh? So the VP decided it would help me concentrate on learning how to do it if I was in a quieter/larger location. It makes a ton of sense. But office manager does not know how to make anything positive. I get a new apartment she asks me how i'll eat lunch, etc. etc. The pattern continues.

Then my damn underwriter (who i assist) is so obviously not happy for me I might as well have been fired. Clearly there is something wrong with these people.

To Mandy: you don't have access to a scanner do you? Because I think the world would appreciate the poo nugget picture.

Glad to hear I don't have a stalker, hello old childhood friend Chris. Do you remember kissing under your picnic table? I don't. But my sister remembers for us.

And to Ellsworth, clearly you are scaring my family members. Therefore, I think it would help everyone a great deal if you grew some balls and confessed your identity. Was that rude? Possibly...but really, secrecy is only fun for so long...

3 comments:

  1. Question #1: I would say that I'm a liberal, however, I stay out of politics for the most part, the only political voice I've ever made has been about the war and re-electing GW Bush, but I'd still say liberal, on the religious front, I'm a non-believer, people can think what they want, I won't argue against them, but I believe that religion is a business, just like anything else, therefore, I abstain from following or complaining or any of that stuff, it's just a business I have nothing to do with, the women thing, no idea, and homosexuality, I have cousins that are gay and I know a few different lesbian couples, and I have no problem with it either way

    #2: This is kind of weird, but I'd love to be Mel Gibson in What Women Want, where he can hear what they're thinking, so I guess a mind-reader for my ability, barely beat out invisibility though (And I understand that girls poo, we had that book "Everybody Poops," so I know)

    And as far as revealing myself to you, "growing some balls" as you so delicately put it, maybe in a few more rounds, I'd hate to build up some sort of amusing anticipation and have it let down so quickly, but, I'll give you a hint: We know each other

    For you: 1) I'll throw the superpower back at you, because it's a plenty amusing question
    and
    2) What are like...the top 3 things you can think of that will put a guy right onto your, "Will not date list," ie: smoking would be one for me, okay, have a fun evening
    Ellsworth (it is my real name, part of it anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I totally want to see the poop nugget picture. Anything that had to do with hijinx at your house in college probably was amusing--as were the few stories I've heard and also the few times I was there--so come on, get the poop nugget picture on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the quasi promotion. Hey come on, now you have a real desk, not too shabby.

    Ahhh poo nugget. I almost forgot about that....

    ReplyDelete