Saturday, March 12, 2005

Uh-huh...

Ok kids, I have two things to say. Before I get to that, Happy Saturday! I hope you're doing exactly what you wanted to do today.

Here we go. First, let me just say that whoever is leaving little anonymous comments that are very nice and flattering, you get a gold star! I'd like to think that there is more than one of you out there saying nice things about my blog and myself, but that's pretty wishful thinking. I know I'm an "acquired taste" and that I'm one of those people that "grows on you." So thanks for enjoying my blog and suggesting that we should have dated. I have to say, it's fairly frustrating not to know who is posting these things, but at the same time, do I really want to know? Probably not. Mystery is fun. So gold star sticker for you.

Second, what is with that whole "if a single girl owns a cat she's a spinster" thing? It really is horribly annoying. Why can single boys own cats and be cute and sweet, but if a girl gets a cat it means she's given up on love? I know many boys who own cats and no one makes horrible jokes about them. And why is it that smart, single women are usually the ones making the joke? Like, ha ha ha, I give up, I'll just go get a cat. Poor cats, they have a stigma. I'm proud to own two cats. Although at this point I don't really know Boku very well, I know I'm going to love them both very much. That doesn't mean I don't want a boy. It's just a little frustrating. Single women take so much shit...

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to call bullshit. I don't think you know guys who have cats. Guys don't own cats. In fact, as I've argued vociferously in the past, no one should own cats. Those beady eyes and judgemental stares....

    ReplyDelete