Friday, March 18, 2005

This life has been a test...

If it had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

I watched one of my favorite episodes of My So-Called Life tonight. I don't know why, I just was really in the mood. I watched the episode where Angela goes to Jordan's band practice and hears that song about him. They kiss. He stands her up. Drama happens. I have a few quick revelations:
  1. Who dressed her? While I understand she was rebellious and it was the 90's she still looks terrible. Hair, good. Clothes, horrific. Lots of plaid and flannel clashing. In this episode I think she wore boxer shorts to school. Terrible.
  2. How could they have cancelled this show? What were they thinking....
  3. The scene where Angela is upset (we all know Claire Danes is a bad crier, she gets all snotty and throaty and muaaaa-ha-ha) and she curls up on the floor to cry. That always hits me as so real. Because who really curls up in their bed to cry? Or more "TV," who throws themselves on their bed in tears? No one.
  4. Jordan Catalano aka Jared Leto, why did he fade into a silly bit part guy? He could be Colin Farrell. If he'd only keep himself groomed...no scary hair and bleach. Last thing I remember him in is Fight Club and oooh boy does he get screwed up. Side note: Cameron Diaz goes from Jared to Justin....is that upgrade or downgrade...how do we judge....
On a different note, I'm off to Champaign to see med school Janet. Yay Janet! Our other friend is also coming down..so it should be a regular reunion (sorry to those who can't be there, roomie #1 and roomie#2).

And I leave you with my favorite My So-Called quote ever:

Sometimes it feels like we're all living in some kind of prison, and the crime is how much we hate ourselves. And it's good to get dressed up every once in awhile and admit the truth. That when you look really closely, people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually beautiful. Possibly even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment