Sunday, March 27, 2005

Its all downhill...

Being with my Mom all day and celebrating Easter was really great. I saw my family and friend Katy and felt happy and at home.

And then it all went downhill from there. I don't think I can go to work tomorrow because the worst most gross thing just happened involving my cat. I'm really not going to go into it but it was horrifying and it caused a breakdown and now I'm avoiding my room. All I can say is that my clean sheets, my wonderful sheets that I was so excited to put on my bed are no longer clean and I don't really know what happened but I did get a little hysterical. This is when it would really help to have a washer/dryer in my apartment. Don't get me wrong, I love my cats, but I am not sure how i feel about Mona right now. I feel bad because she knows i'm upset and is all flat-eared about it, but ugh!! And to make it worse I have a throbbing headache. I don't want to use a sick day but honestly, i'm not going to be able to sleep for a long time because i'm so wound up.

I was going to write this wonderful entry about all the things you forget about on a daily basis, so i'm going to try to continue with that since I have nothing else to do and I can't face my bed.
  1. Being with the mom, even while she is cooking is wonderful. Just quiet happy time.
  2. Seeing the old cat is great but saying goodbye to her was still hard. I still felt like an abandoner.
  3. Traffic sucks ass. Sunday, Easter night and it took me about 2 hours to get home. I hate Chicago traffic.
  4. Radio is horrible. I tried for almost an hour of my two hour trip to listen to FM. I found that you can hear spanish music, followed by R. Kelly singing about sex in the kitchen, followed by polka and yet there is nothing good to listen to.
  5. I ended up listening to talk radio, listening to Tom Skilling talk about weather and I remembered how truly terrifying tornados are. Even more so when its in weather man lingo.
  6. My family will never stop being crazy. They will also never stop talking about my crazy grandma. And it will probably always be amusing.
I was hoping to calm myself down there, and while I did a little, I'm still very upset. This is why I was saving my sick days though, when something unexpected and totally rotten happens. I was prepared for the expected with my cats...but definitely not for the unexpected. Ugh. I think I have to watch some TV and try to pretend I'm not freaked out.

2 comments:

  1. You know, writing an entry like that is similar to saying I have this really really awesome story to tell you, then saying, but I don't want to tell you. I mean, talk about leaving us hanging as to what really happened. But I guess that's ok, as long as you don't get into the habit cause that could be really frustrating. Hope all is well and you find some peace in your sick day. Take care and I'll be in Chicago all day Saturday for the basketball games...if you're up for it call me and I'll tell you where we are. Otherwise, hope you have a good week! ~ Roomie #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, what happened that had you so freaked out?! I've been trying to figure it out all day. Come on, I love gruesome stories.

    ReplyDelete